DEDICATED TO PAYING IT FORWARD . . .
CHOICE OF INTERPRETERS INC. - Screening Process
29 March 2018
Choice Of Interpreters seeks to grow our interpreter roster with only the top qualified interpreters in Alberta and across Canada. In order to ensure that we are fulfilling that goal, we have implemented the following requirements:
- An updated résumé,
- Copy of your graduation credentials from your Interpreter Education Program,
- Proof of CASLI Active Membership, in good standing,
- Reference letters from 2 interpreters on our roster,
- Reference letters/videos from 2 Deaf people that you’ve worked with, either as a Deaf Interpreter (from our roster) or as a service user,
- Copy of your recent Criminal Record Check,
- Copy of your recent Intervention Record Check,
- Successful completion of a standardized interpreter performance exam,
- Successful completion of online FOIP training.
Once all criteria have been satisfied, Choice Of Interpreters will offer a Letter of Agreement for your consideration. When we receive your signed copy of the Letter of Agreement, you will be added to our roster as well as be sent opportunities for interpreting.